Thursday, September 18, 2008

BED TIME

How many of you dread putting your kids to bed? If you are like me you are definitely tired...but there is something that I love about bed time. I love tucking in my kids, reading to them, listening to them tell me one more secret (so I won't leave), and my favorite part me pretending like they are food and eating them all up. I know it sounds kind of weird. I am fully aware of that but for what ever reason they love it when I pretend like I am eating their ribs and ask for barbecue sauce. I love blowing air on their tummies (zurburts, is what I call them, Kasen calls it farting he takes after his dad.) I love to hear them laugh and see them smile. There is something so pure about hearing your child laugh and giggle. I realized tonight that before I know it they are not going to want me to tuck them in and blow on there tummies. I know they are growing up obviously but it was just a different feeling. It was pretty depressing actually but on the other hand it was a good reminder that you need to live every moment.

2 comments:

Kellee and Courtney said...

Bedtime is great fun at our house too. My kids like me to rough them up a little and then they like to squeeze me in a hug as tight as they can. That part used to be a lot of fun but Jaxon is getting pretty tough and it is starting to hurt. They like to be roughed up because I get carried away sometimes and they don't have to go sleep for ten or fifteen more minutes.

houstonandfam said...

awww... I know they are growing too fast! i love when I can see kaydee's head peek around the corner to see if we notice her and then shed once again needs something else!! I love how sweet they look when the doze off! you are such a good mom!