Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Day of School

Here they go on the first day of school. I can't believe Kolby is in 3rd grade and Karlee is in 1st. My babies are growing right before my eyes. So as we walked down to the bus stop they seemed so excited but they were not fooling me. As we were waiting for the bus I told them I would follow the bus to school to make sure they got to there class OK. So as Kolby was getting on the bus he turned to me and said, " Mom don't forget to follow the bus." Yeah he was definitely nervous. So by the time I found a parking spot and found the kids they were standing together holding hands. Karlee was about to burst into tears and Kolby looked like a ghost. I felt so bad the were so nervous. When I walked up to them Karlee clung to me and Kolby was asking what took me so long. I helped Kolby find his line but Karlee's teacher had to come and get her. I felt so bad she was crying and wanted me to stay. I wanted to scoop her up in my arms and take her back home. I think she knows that makes my heart hurt. I finally got them into school and went home. Yeah there was a couple of tears on the way home but since I had to get Kasen ready for 4K I didn't really want Kasen to see that I was sad.



1 comment:

Kellee and Courtney said...

I can not believe how big your kids are since we saw them last. It wasn't that long ago and yet they are looking way different and ....well just grown up. Hope everyone can get into the swing of things and then I am sure they will love it. It is crazy how nervous they can get. Kam wants me to come pick her up from school if there is supposed to be a substitute bus driver because it makes her nervous. I guess whatever makes them feel better about it all. right?